If you need help figuring out what to register for when it comes to your little one, check out my post on baby registry items. Here, lets focus on the best baby registry places.
What to register for a baby shower can be overwhelming but so can figuring out where to register. There are so many baby registry websites to consider. When looking at places to register, consider a few things. Many sites will offer a discount for products that were not purchased off of your registry. So, after you have your shower/baby, if you didn’t get some products that were on your registry you can get them at a discount.
Another thing to consider when looking at baby registry websites, is the group gifting option. If you are registering for larger items, this could be something you’ll want to look for. This allows multiple people contributing to purchase the gift.
There are also some sites out there that will combine your registries in one place – a universal registry. This is what I did – really easy and convenient! Then you can be registered at more than one place but have it all in one convenient location. That way, if you are having a baby shower it is really easy for people to go to the one site and pick the registry they want from there.
I took all of these things into consideration when finding the best baby registry options…so now, lets dig into the best places to register for your baby:
Amazon Baby Registry
Of course, one of the most popular places to register is AMAZON! The nice part of creating a registry with Amazon is the large variety of products they have. Amazon is HUGE, so you will most likely be able to find everything you want off of this one site. Here are some other things to note if you register with Amazon:
- Ships fast! (if you spend $25 or are a Prime member)
- Offers a discount for items not purchased off your registry (15% for Prime members, 10% otherwise)
- 90 day return window – Customer service is awesome with Amazon too, which makes this super easy!!
- Offers a free welcome box (valued at $35)
- Allows Group Gifting
- Most people have an Amazon account – or have at least heard of Amazon!
- They are a universal registry – so you can add from other websites
- You can see who the gifts came from
Target Baby Registry
Target is another well-known place to register for babies. The benefit that registering at Target has (compared to other Baby Registry Websites) is that they have physical store locations. So, for those who would rather shop in store, Target is an awesome place to register. Again, here are some other things to note if you register with Target:
- Offers a free welcome box with products & over $100 in coupons (just pick up at guest services)
- Group gifting option
- Offers a 15% discount for those items not purchased (up to 8 weeks prior to your due date)
- You can return items from your registry up to a year after your due date (if they are unopened)
- Universal Registry
- You can customize your registry to see who the gifts came from
- can return items in store
Walmart Baby Registry
Walmart is another option, very similar to Target, except a little more “affordable”. Again, a benefit with Walmart is that they have physical stores that you can go to. Walmart has more locations than Target, so this could also be a good option for those who want to actually go in store to shop. Some other things to note if you register with Walmart:
- Wide range of products
- No discount offered
- has a price match guarentee
- Free welcome box
- free shipping on $35 or over
- can return items in store
The Ultimate Green Store Baby Registry
This is an awesome option for all those mommas looking for organic baby products (that are still at a reasonable price). These products are of course, going to be more expensive than your typical Target/Walmart/Amazon products but they are organic, high quality! Some other things to note if you register with The Ulitmate Green Store:
- Does not have the wide range of products like the other registries but they offer really nice, organic products (so it would be a nice “additional” registry)
- Have natural & organic products (bedding, clothes, bath, bottles, air purification systems, etc.)
- Offers special discounts
BabyEarth Baby Registry
BabyEarth focuses on eco-friendly baby products. So, not all of their products fall under this, a majority of them do. They also cover pretty much everything you will need for your little one. I also like that they have a category for moms. So they have maternity clothes, pregnancy pillows, etc. Other things to note when registering with BabyEarth:
- Free shipping on orders over $49 (otherwise it will be around $10)
- Can return products in original condition within 30 days
How this works at myregistry.com, is you can combine all of your registries in one location – it is a universal registry (for more than just babies). So, if you are registered at Target & Amazon, you can have both of those located on your myregistry. But, you can also add products from other sites/stores. How this works is when you set up your registry, you will be asked to add a “Add to MyRegistry” button to your favorites bar. Then, when you are on a website & you want that product added to your registry, you just click that “Add to MyRegistry” and it will show up on your registry! Easy!! Other things to note if you register with Myregistry.com
- There is an option to ask for cash (fees involved with this though)
- All of your registries will be in one location
- can add from any store in the world, even if it’s not a website
- you can still add products by shopping in stores (just download the MyRegistry app & scan the bar codes)
BabyList Baby Registry
BabyList is similar to MyRegistry in the fact that you can combine all of your registries in one location. BabyList however, actually does sell some products as well. Other things to note if you are registering with BabyList:
- Free welcome box
- Offers a 10% discount (only on products from BabyList, 60 days prior to your baby’s due date)
- can request favors (for help cooking meals for example)
Ikea Baby Registry
Ikea is one place to register that most parents don’t think about or consider. While I don’t think it is in the top 5 places to register, I do think you should consider it. My recommendation is signing up for myregistry.com & then just adding products from Ikea. I say this because Ikea doesn’t offer everything you would need for your baby (such as bottles, pacifiers, etc.) but why I am recommending it (to at least consider) is the simplicity of the products they offer and the prices. Take cribs for example, they range from $80 to $230, you really can’t beat that price range!
Baby Grand Baby Registry
I’ve listed quite a few registries that have an affordable price range for most people. However, if you are looking for higher end products for your baby….check out Baby Grand products. These are awesome, you will love the quality of what you are getting. Again, these price points will be higher than the other registries but you are getting very high quality products. If you are considering registering with Baby Grand, here are some things to know:
- returns: you can return within 30 days as long as it is in the original condition
- Delivery: since this is a higher end store, a lot of their items are custom-made, so they will take longer to ship. If they have them in stock they will ship within 2-3 days
- FREE shipping on orders over $100
Again, since this is a higher end store, you might consider signing up for myregistry.com and then adding which items you would like off of Baby Grand.
Pottery Barn Kids Baby Registry
One higher end baby registry site I have is Pottery Barn kids. They have so much to offer! Some benefits of registering with Pottery Barn Kids:
- you can add items from across any of their brands, on your one registry (Pottery Barn, West Elm, Williams Sonoma)
- 20% off the items that still remain on your registry
- they offer all natural products/selections (from organic bedding to Greenguard Gold Certified Furniture)
- high quality products (again, the price points will be higher too)
- personalized items – they offer gifts you can personalize with your baby’s name!
- app – you can manage your registry with their app
- gift tracker – you can see you bought which gifts on your registry!
Of course, there are so many other places to register as well…these being the most popular though. You can find everything you would need and more for your little one at these registries. Leave a comment below with any thoughts or questions, I’d love to hear from you!
All the best,